Our Grief Support Group Guideline #15 warns, Members shouldn’t date other members while participating in the support group.
That’s not the precise language, but it’s close. As a grief support group leader at a hospice, I spend the first session on mundane tasks like: making sure confidentiality forms are understood and signed; having members respond in writing about their expectations; and—like the dullest of college professors—reading aloud every single do and don’t in the group guidelines.
- We do want them to silence all electronic devices.
- We don’t want anyone to dominate the conversations.
- We do desire confidentiality.
- We don’t want anyone taking recreational drugs.
- We do want group members to let us know if they’ll miss a session.
- We don’t want them to do any dating.
There are more guidelines than these, but you get the idea. Read More →by